To Our Loyal Clients,
First and foremost, I hope that you and your loved ones are safe, healthy and doing your best to get through this. I miss seeing you and your furry family members! These past many weeks have been trying and confusing for all of us as this pandemic has affected each and every one of us in many different ways.
As per the original state mandate rolled out in early March, all grooming services, including mobile grooming, were required by law to close. As of Monday April 20th, it was officially posted by state officials that mobile grooming was added to the list of businesses now permitted to operate under certain guidelines. I have been in direct communication with state officials and will continue to do so to keep up to date with the most accurate information. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve our clients at this challenging time as we know grooming is essential for the health of our pets’ mental and physical well-being. Healthy happy pets = healthy happy people too!
Of the many things that separates For the Love of Dogs from other grooming services is the one on one personalized approach provided to your furry family at your doorstep. Over the years we have established trust with our furry friends and pet parents. In addition, we have accommodated a multitude of clients with many forms of convenience that best fits their schedule including a latchkey service.
I recognize that some of the new temporary policy adjustments will alter a lot of the things that makes my company special and convenient. I hope that you can understand and remember to keep in mind the intention behind these temporary policy changes. They come from a place of care and concern for the health and safety of ALL people and pets while we continue to deliver the same exceptional pet grooming service for your special furry loved one.
The safety of our clients, pets, employees, and our families has always been our top priority. We are working on acquiring the proper supply of personal protective equipment and disinfects. As we all know shortages of supplies from vendors have posed a challenge for everyone during this period.
We will be asking for your help as we adjust to the temporary zero contact guidelines that were issued by the state of New Jersey. The guidelines are mandatory for businesses to follow. I am committed to working with everyone and to be accommodating to the best of my ability. I kindly ask for your patience and understanding as our safety policies have changed to adjust where appropriate in response to Covid19.
Sadly at this time, all pet sitting and dog walking services (and scheduling) will remain on a temporary pause until further notice.
Mobile Grooming Services- New Health and Safety Policies (updated 04/2020)
- Thorough disinfecting measures between each appointment have always been in place and will continue. We will be adding extra steps out of an abundance of caution. This may add some additional time parked on your street or driveway before we leave for our next appointment.
- I start the process of reaching out to clients in the order by which their appointment was cancelled. I want to be fair to everyone and I believe the best way to do this is to resume where we left off in March. All previous appointments are cancelled, and yearly pre-booked appointments will be “reset”. Please be patient. I want to help everyone as quickly as possible. I will temporarily extend my hours of operation to commit to catch up with everyone promptly.
- Zero Contact Appointments
- ***If you or a person you live with are experiencing cold or flu symptoms, recently diagnosed with COVID19, or requested by a healthcare professional to self-quarantine PLEASE cancel your grooming appointment. Please request to reschedule your pet for a date after the period has passed. As a thank you to our community, we will be waiving all usual fees for COVID-related cancellations. Thank you again for your understanding, ongoing communication, and continued support!***
- I will not be able to speak in person or interface with clients, hand off pets in person, or come inside your home. All grooming instruction for your pet can be discussed the day before, prior to your appointment, over the phone. If I feel that the grooming instruction we originally discussed may differ from the outcome of the grooming service, I will call to discuss with you before beginning your pet’s grooming session.
- I ask that you please have your pet’s basic needs met BEFORE the start of your scheduled arrival window of your pet’s appointment. This will help us keep on time with the added cleaning steps we are implementing for our next customer’s appointment.
- I will call when I am about ten minutes away. Please put your pet in a safe area that I can access and retrieve your pet on my own.
- I will be using my own kennel lead to transport pets as these can be easily cleaned and disinfected
- Since options for contactless hand-off of pets will vary depending on your home, yard or living situation we may have to get a little creative to figure out the best solution for you and your pet. We will discuss by phone when scheduling. Here are some ideas:
- Fenced (physical or electric) back yard: this is the easiest option if available as pets can simply be put outside when I pull up for their appointment
- Crate: small pets can be placed in a secure locking carrier or crate. I can provide a carrier if necessary, that can be disinfected after each appointment. Please let me know the day BEFORE your appointment.
- We still accept the same payment methods which are check, cash, or online payments through Wave.
- Cash – if you wish to pay for your pet’s grooming service with cash please leave the exact amount in an envelope taped outside. We will not be carrying cash and cannot make change for you at this time.
- Check – please make checks out to “For the Love of Dogs”, please leave in a paper envelope or taped to your door or somewhere safe outside
- Credit, Debit, or ACH payments – payments can be made online using a quick and easy third-party payment service called Wave. There is a 3% convenience charge to use this service.
- Venmo – We CAN NOT accept Venmo, Zelle, or other services designated for personal use. Unfortunately, these services are not designed for the use of business transactions and against their terms of agreement.
If you have any questions, please call 732-770-6920. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I appreciate your cooperation in helping me to make this work out. We need to work together to keep everyone in our community safe, healthy and happy.
For the Love of Dogs